Configuring the SQL Workbench Client
Recommended method - Fresh install
- Download the latest installer from this URL:
and follow the installation wizard instructions.
You can also follow the instructions in the KB article Installing the SQream ODBC Driver, but do not deselect the JDBC and SQL Workbench sections.
- You should now have a Start menu item for SQL Workbench: Hit the Windows button on the screen or on your keyboard, and type SQL Workbench. Select either 64 bit or 32 bit variant, depending on your preference.
- Open SQL Workbench. You should be facing a New Connection window, with the SQream driver already selected.
Fill in the connection string, as given to you by our staff.
- You are now ready to start querying data!
Configuring an existing Workbench installation manually (Linux/MacOS):
- Install SQL Workbench according to the instructions relevant to your OS.
- Obtain the SQream JARs, and unpack them into a directory of your choice. You can obtain the latest JARs from this URL: http://sqream.com/downloads/drivers/latest/sqream_jdbc.zip
- Open SQL Workbench, and define a connection profile:
- Click File -> Connect window (Alt+C)
- Click on Manage Drivers
- From the Manage Drivers window:
- Click on the Add new driver button (white paper icon)
- Name the driver as you see fit
- Add the JDBC drivers from the location where your JARs exist. If you used the SQream installer, they should be located in
C:\Program Files\SQream Technologies\JDBC Driver\
- The classname should appear as sql.SQDriver automatically
- Click OK to save and return to "new connection screen"
Create a connection to your service/DB:
- Create new connection
- Choose a connection name as you see fit
- Select the SQream Driver you just created in the previous screen
- Type in the JDBC url as was sent to you. Typically:
jdbc:Sqream://<ip>:<port>/<db_name>;user=<user>;password=<pass>;cluster=<true or false>;
- Save the connection settings
- Click OK to connect your service/DB
Suggested additional steps you may preform after closing SQL workbench:
- Locate your workbench.settings file.
On Windows, typically: %HOMEPATH%\.sqlworkbench\workbench.settings
- Add following line at the end of the file: